Name: Mary Kom
Born: March 1, 1983
Birth place:Kangathei, Manipur, India
Parents: Mangte Tonpa Kom, Mangte Akham Kom
Height: 1.58 m (5 feet 2 inch)
Spouse: Karung Onkholer Kom
Twin Sons: Rechungvar and Khupneivar
Awards and Recognitions of Mary Kom:
- Padma Bhushan award for Sports in the year 2013.
- In 2012 London Olympics for Flyweight (51kg) won Bronze medal.
- Arjuna Award for Boxing in the year 2003.
- Padma Shree award for Sports in the year 2006.
- Nominated for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the year 2007.
- Recorded as the People of the Year in the Limca Book of Records in the year 2007.
- CNN-IBN and Reliance Industries’ Real Heroes Award in the year 2008.
- Pepsi MTV Youth Icon in the year 2008.
- Titled as the Magnificent Mary, AIBA in the year 2008.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in the year 2009.
- Ambassador for the International Boxing Association for Women’s
- Boxing in the year 2009.
- Sahara Sports Award for Sportswoman of the year in the year 2010.
- 10 lakh cash award by Ministry of Tribal Affairs of India.
- 40 lakh cash award from the North Eastern Council.
- 50 lakh cash award for 2012 London Olympics by Rajasthan Government.
- 50 lakh cash award and two acres of land by Manipur Government.
- 20 lakh cash award by Assam Government.
- 10 lakh cash award by Arunachal Pradesh Government.
- Mary Kom has won the gold medal first time in the Asian Games of 2014 for the
- flyweight category of 48 to 51 kg.