A word press theme is a set of files that determine the look and feel of your Word-press-powered website.Themes include information about the general layout of the site and other content such as graphics,header,footer and logo.Themes dictate the way that your WordPress website looks. You can consider it the skin of your site, or the look and feel of your site.A WordPress theme provides all of the front end styling of your WordPress site.
Most WordPress themes provide:
- the overall design or style of your site
- font styling
- widget locations
- page layouts (or templates)
- styles for blog posts
- additional stylistic details
How to install word press theme?
- Install a WordPress theme manually-In your WordPress dashboard, go to-> Appearance > Themes > Add New.
- There is an option for “Upload” at the top of the screen. Click the “Browse” button, navigate your computer files and select the .ZIP file for your downloaded extension.
- Installing a new theme – If you want to install a new WordPress theme is to login to your site admin page.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes. Here, you will see all the themes you have currently installed in your application. To add another one, simply click on the Install Themes tab.