Automated testing is, well, automated. This differs from manual testing in which a person is accountable for single-handedly trying out the functionality of the software in the way a consumer would. Because automated trying out is done through an automation tool, less time is needed in exploratory checks and greater time is needed in maintaining take a look at scripts at the same time as growing overall check coverage.
The advantage of guide checking out is that it lets in a human thoughts to draw insights from a test that might in any other case be missed by using an automated testing program. Automated testing is well-appropriate for large projects; initiatives that require testing the identical areas over and over; and tasks that have already been thru an initial manual checking out process.
Why Automated Testing?
Automated software program sorting out is important due to the subsequent reasons:
- Manual Testing of all workflows, all fields, all horrific scenarios is time and money consuming
- It is hard to check for multilingual web sites manually
- Automation does not require Human intervention. You can run automated check unattended (overnight)
- Automation will increase the fee of check execution
- Automation helps increase Test Coverage
- Manual Testing can turn out to be dull and as a end result error-prone.
Which Test Cases to Automate?
Test instances to be automated may be selected the usage of the subsequent criterion to increase the automation ROI
- High Risk – Business Critical check cases
- Test instances which might be again and again performed
- Test Cases that are very tedious or hard to carry out manually
- Test Cases which might be time-consuming
The following category of test instances are not appropriate for automation:
- Test Cases which might be newly designed and not finished manually at least once
- Test Cases for which the necessities are frequently changing
- Test instances which are completed on an ad-hoc basis.
Automated Testing Process: