Natural remedies to Remove Pimple/Acne Scars
There are various natural ingredients that you can apply on scars to remove scars from your face.
1. Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon is a natural bleach. Vitamin C in lemon helps in rebuilding collagen. When you use lime juice on your acne scars, the spots get lighter day by day.
Lemon juice is an excellent skin lightening agent. It is the acid in lemon juice that helps brighten your skin and make the scars less visible. It can, in fact, fade away freckles and lighten the dark scars faster. Not only scars, if you have swollen pimples, lemon juice can help reduce its redness too. And it is probably the most easily available ingredient lying there in your fridge. So, you just need to get it from there and squeeze out some of its fresh juice to apply to your acne scar, everyday! However, just do not step out in sun after applying lemon juice to your skin. It makes your skin sensitive to sun’s rays. Even hours after when you step out of your home, do not forget to apply sunscreen to shield your skin.
How to use lemon Juice for acne scars
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice. Apply this juice directly on your scars with finger tips or a cotton ball, leave it for ten minutes and wash it off with water. Do this once a day for two to three weeks during which you can see your scars diminish considerably. If you want, you can also mix honey with your lemon juice to make it some more effective in reducing the acne scars.
- If your skin is very sensitive, diliute lemon juice by mixing some rose water and then apply on your scars.
- You can even mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with two teaspoons of Vitamin E oil and then apply this to your acne scars. Vitamin E is a very good emollient with a lots of antioxidants that protects and even improves your skin texture.
I. Make a lemon mask to remove pimple scars
You will need:
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Almond oil – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Mix them all and apply on the scars once daily for about 7-10 days. You’ll see the difference.
- After applying lemon juice, never ever step out in sun!
II. Lemon and Honey for acne scars removal
- Lemons- 1-2
- Honey (optional)- 1 tsp
- Cotton ball
- Squeeze the lemons to take out the fresh juice in a bowl.
- Add the honey to this lemon juice and mix well.
- Dip the cotton ball in this mixture.
- Now apply this mixture on your cotton ball to whole of your face or the area where you have acne scars.
- Leave for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Do this once every day for at least 2-3 weeks. . Honey for Acne Scars
Honey, along with acne, is also capable of treating acne scars.
How to use honey for acne scars
- Apply honey on the scars and leave it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with ¼ cup of oatmeal. Apply this mixture gently on pimple scars. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder with 1 tbsp of honey and apply on scars. Leave it for an hour. You can even use it overnight. Then wash off.
Make a honey-aspirin mask to remove pimple scars
Although aspirin is not a natural ingredient but you can always use it with honey to get rid of your acne scars. The salicylic acid in aspirin does wonders and its gritty texture gives you perfect exfoliation.
You will need:
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Water- few drops
- Put the aspirins in a few drops of water till they get dissolved into it and form a paste. Don’t use too much water as you need a gritty texture for exfoliation.
- Add honey to this aspirin-water paste and mix
- Apply on your scars and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now wash it off.
Here are the more ways to get rid of acne and it’s scars with honey
3. Aloe Vera
This wonder herb, Aloe Vera, not only soothes swollen skin but also helps in regenerating damaged tissues boosting the healing process. It’s better to use fresh gel like substance directly from the aloe vera leaf than to use over the counter products containing aloe vera
How to use aloe vera for acne scars
Take an aloe vera leaf and peel its outer green cover. You’ll see a gel like substance beneath its green outer cover. Take out this gel and apply it on your scars. Leave it for about half an hour and then wash off.
Apply aloe vera gel twice daily to see the results in just few days. Not only will your acne scars will diminish but also your skin will start glowing and will become tighter.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil can be said to be the most skin friendly oil because it contains a whole lot of vitamins ( A, D, E, C, B1 and B2), iron and antioxidants. The anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil also help remove acne scars.
How to use olive oil for acne scars
You need to apply olive oil to your scars before going to bed.
You will need:
- Olive oil
- Warm Water
- A clean cloth or towel
- Take a little olive oil and gently massage your face with this. Focus more on the pimple scars.
- Massage for a few minutes till the time you can feel that all the oil has been absorbed by your skin.
- Now take a clean towel or cloth and drape it into warm water.
- Put the warm wet cloth on to your face to get the steam.
- Now wipe away the excess oil gently with the cloth. Don’t rub though.
- After 1-2 minutes, wash off your face with normal water.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is yet another popular remedy for removing acne scars through its exfoliating effects. The gentle coarse granules of soda mixed with water remove the dead skin layer off your face without any inflammation caused during the application.
How to use baking soda for acne scars
- Take a couple of teaspoons of baking soda and using water make a consistent paste.
- Gently massage your face with this paste focusing on pimple scars.
- After massaging for 1-2 minutes, leave the paste there on the face for few minutes.
- Now wash off with warm water.
- Apply some moisturizer, preferably olive oil.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week.
6. Raw Potato
Raw potato can do wonders in removing your pimple scars if you allow them to work for days with patience.
How to use raw potato for acne scars
- Take a potato and cut it into round slices.
- Take a slice and rub it gently over your face in circular motion.
- Keep doing this until you feel that your slice of potato has gone dry.
- Take another slice and do the same.
- Repeat this for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now leave the face as it is so that the leftover potato juice is absorbed by your skin.
- Now wash off.
- Apply some moisturizer that suits your skin.
Do this raw potato massage 3-4 times a week for at least 1-2 months depending upon the intensity of your scars. This and even other remedies for pimple scars need your patience to show results.
7. Raw Tomatoes
The red good tomatoes too can eliminate the scars from your face.
How to use raw tomatoes for acne scars
There are two ways you can do this -simple and and one which is not that simple. First, the simple way.
- Take a ripe red tomato and cut it into pieces.
- Crush the pieces to make a pulp of the tomato.
- Apply this tomato pulp on your face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off your face.
- Repeat this daily for a week or two.
Now the second method for using tomatoes by making its mask
Make a tomato mask to remove pimple scars
You will need:
- Tomatoes- 2
- Cucumber- 1
- Avocados -2
- Get the pulp out of tomatoes
- Grate the cucumber and avocados and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix all of them.
- Apply on your face.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
8. Tea Tree Oil for Acne Scars
Derived from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant of Australia, tea tree oil is an excellent antiseptic, antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral essential oil. As such, not only for acne scars, tea tree oil is, in fact, one of the best remedies for acne too. As far as scars are concerned, this oil is most beneficial in healing the hypertrophic scars that are generally raised and red, such as those we get after burn injury or a surgery. Raised acne scars too are not very uncommon. So if you have such raised or hypertrophic acne scars, you can effectively use tea tree oil to heal them. Tea tree oil, due to its anti-inflammatory effects would definitely help you in getting rid of such acne scars. This oil is also hydrating. It provides moisture and helps hydrate the scar which gradually diminishes the scar and make it disappear.
- Tea tree oil- 2-4 drops
- Water- 1-2 tbsp
- Cotton ball
Adjust the quantity as per the area of your acne scars
- Add the tea tree oil to the water.
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in the diluted tea tree oil.
- Apply this solution to your acne scars.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day
Precaution: Never use tea tree oil undiluted. It is too strong to be handled by your skin. Always dilute it with water, more so if your skin is sensitive.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
Apple cider vinegar has many properties. It is an astringent and a natural disinfectant that makes it a good natural anti-septic. It also balances the pH level of your body and of your skin when applied topically. And because it is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, it is effective in the treatment of acne too. All of these properties of apple cider vinegar are granted by its beneficial components that include vitamins, minerals, carbolic acid, ketones, aldehydes, amino acids, anti-oxidant, acetic acid and many more. It is therefore a known remedy for acne. You can also heal acne scars considerably with apple cider vinegar. As this vinegar scrapes off the dead skin cells, it may fade away the acne scars to a great extent. You can either use apple cider vinegar with water or with honey.
1st way to use apple cider vinegar: with water
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 part
- Water- 1 part
- Cotton ball
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water
- Dip the cotton ball in it.
- Apply this to your acne scars.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Do this once daily
2nd way to use apple cider vinegar: with honey
Apple Cider Vinegar- 2 tbsp
Water- 2/3 cup
Honey- 1-2 tsp
- Mix all the three ingredients well.
- Dip the cotton ball in the solution.
- Apply this solution to your acne scars.
- Leave it for about half an hour.
- Wash it off with water. If you feel sticky due to honey, you may even wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily.
10. Use Vitamin E on Acne Scars
In the recent times, Vitamin E has been considerably recognized as one of the very beneficial vitamins for human skin. It can thoroughly moisturize your skin and in this process, it makes the scars or spots on your skin less noticeable. This is all because it hydrates your skin well with its moisturizing properties. There is one more theory regarding vitamin E and its effectiveness in reducing acne scars. This theory says that vitamin E assists vitamin A in your body. Vitamin A is thought to be vital for a good skin. When you have vitamin E, present in many fruits and vegetables, the fat in your body absorbs this vitamin E. It then works with vitamin A to give you soft, supple and blemish free skin. Deficiency of vitamin E can even lead to dry skin and acne breakouts. Therefore, it is always advisable to provide your body with sufficient vitamin E. Now the question arises, how to use vitamin E on acne scars! Here’s how to do so.
- Vitamin E oil or Vitamin E capsule
- Give steam to your face so that the pores open up.
- Take few drops of vitamin E oil. If you have bought vitamin E capsule, puncture it and extract the oil out of it.
- Apply this oil to your skin having acne scars.
- Now massage the area with this oil in gentle circular strokes for about 10 minutes or till the oil is absorbed into the skin.
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash it off.
- Do this daily.
Precaution: If you have a sensitive skin, you should always do patch test before applying vitamin E oil or any other oil on to your skin.
11. Cocoa Butter to Remove Acne Scars
Cocoa butter, the fat derived from cacao seeds, is an excellent natural moisturizer and due to its moisturizing properties, it not only heals scars but also prevents them. But does cocoa butter remove acne scars? Yes, it can of course! Let’s know how it does it.
How does cocoa butter remove acne scars?
- Cocoa butter is a fat and an excellent moisturizer as well as emollient. It can quickly melt due to the body temperature. This quality makes it easily absorbable into the skin. In fact, it not only penetrates the top layer of your skin but it goes deep within the skin into the dermis. Thus, it reaches the site where your skin can retain the moisture for longer time. A well moisturized skin is the skin that makes spots and scars less visible!
- This unique ability of cocoa butter to lock moisture at deeper levels of your skin makes it effective in healing your acne scars. This way, it keeps your skin hydrated. A well hydrated skin can only regrow skin tissue. New skin tissue in place of scarred ones definitely will give you a blemish free skin. Thus, when you apply cocoa butter daily, you help your damaged skin to get repaired.
- Cocoa butter softens and moisturizes your skin. Apart from this, it also smooth’s out the tone and texture of your skin. This makes your acne scars less noticeable.
- Cocoa butter
- At night, before going to bed, wash your face properly and pat it dry.
- Take some cocoa butter and apply this to your face gently massaging it onto your skin for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash off in the morning.
- Do this daily.
- You may also apply cocoa butter once more during the daytime. Only do not apply too much of it as you may do at night. This will keep your skin looking greasy.
Keeping your skin well hydrated and moisturized is the first step towards removing acne scars. Cocos butter is perhaps one of the best natural moisturizer that you can use on your skin to not only get rid of acne scars but also to keep your skin soft and smooth!
All the above remedies for acne scars are good but there are some that will be more suitable for your skin type. Find out them by experimenting with each and every remedy for scars. Have patience and treat your scars with these remedies and you will definitely get rid of your acne scars. Patience will be the main ingredient though, whatever remedy you adopt for your acne scars!
Home Remedies for Scars
Stop hiding your scars with the help of a concealer and try out the following natural remedies for removing scars at home.
1. Lemon Juice : Take a fresh lemon and cut it into half. Rub the juicy part on the scar. Lemon works as a natural bleach and thus, reduces the blemishes and scars. Drink lemon juice (without mixing sugar in it) twice a day for 15 days.
2. Rosehip Seed Oil : Rosehip seed oil is used most commonly in cosmetics, especially in the scar removal creams. Take a few drops of rosehip seed oil on your fingers and gently massage it on the scars. Do this twice a day. It can be applied directly on the skin.
3. Ice Cubes : Ice cube is a very easy and simple home remedy for fading the scars. Take an ice cube and rub it gently on the scars.
4. Aloe Vera : Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it into half. Squeeze out the gel and apply it on the scar.
5. Tea Tree Oil : Tea tree oil is a very effective natural remedy for removing scars. It works like a charm on scars. Make sure, you use the diluted tea tree oil.
6. Honey : Apply honey on the scar. It works great in removing scars.
7. Sandalwood Powder : Sandalwood powder is a very good home remedy for removing scars from face. Take sandalwood powder and mix it with rosewater or milk. Rub it on the scars, gently. Leave it on for an hour and wash it off with cold water.
8. Almonds : Take 2-3 almonds and soak them in water. Leave them overnight. In the morning, peel off the skin from the almonds and mash them. Add a few drops of rosewater and apply on the scars.
9. Potato : Take a raw potato. Extract its juice and apply it on the scars. This will let the scars fade away. You can also rub a slice of potato on the scars, directly.
10. Coconut Oil : Whenever you get a scar, apply coconut oil on it. This will reduce the scar, ultimately making it invisible.
11. Lavender Oil : Take a few drops of lavender oil and apply it on the scars.
12. Fenugreek : Fenugreek can be used in many ways in reducing the scars. You can take fenugreek leaves and make a fine paste and apply it on the scars. Take fenugreek seeds and boil them. Make a paste and store it in a cool place. Apply it on the scars.
13. Olive Oil : Olive oil is said to be really effective when it comes to scar removal. Take a few drops of olive oil and apply it on the scars on the daily basis. Olive oil will also moisturise the skin.
14. Cucumber : Place a slice of raw cucumber or apply its juice on the scar.
15. Tomato : Apply a slice of tomato on the scar or massage with tomato juice. Like lemon, tomato also works as natural bleach.
17. Vitamin E Cream : Apply vitamin E cream on the scars.
18. Cocoa Butter : Apply cocoa butter on the scars. It will not only help the scars to fade away, but also moisturise the skin, making it smooth and soft.
19. Baking Soda : Take 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix it until you make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the scars and let it dry. Wash it off, later on. Repeat this natural remedy thrice a week.
20. Apple Cider Vinegar : Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the scars. This will fade the scars. Wash it off after 10 minutes. Else, take 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of water. Wash your face with this solution after cleaning the face and before going to bed. Apply skin moisturiser afterwards. This will also help in fading the scars from face.
21. Salt Scrub : Use a salt scrub, which contains papaya. Papaya will provide a new shine to your skin while salt scrub will exfoliate and remove the dead skin, making the scars almost invisible.
22. Camomile Tea : Wash your scars with camomile tea. It will help the scars to fade away.
23. Cod Liver Oil : Apply cod liver oil on the scars for making the scars invisible.