More information Facebook has about its users, the more valuable it is to advertisers because they can target their ads with greater precision. :
- Investors want to see more active users spending more time on the site, and Graph Search might be the product to make that shift transpire
- Graph Search is a game changer, giving Facebook access to implied purchase intent, and also finally allowing real-time deep understanding of brand fans and Prime Prospects
- Graph Search marks a return to the race for likes, because businesses with more likes from a person’s social graph will rank higher in results
If you’re new to Facebook marketing or your current Facebook marketing strategy doesn’t work, read our top-five tips on how to create a successful campaign.
We’ll go through the basics of:
- Ads Optimization
- Scheduling Your Campaigns
- Managing Your Budget Wisely
- Tracking Your Results
1. Segmentation – How to Target Your Audience
How to Segment Your Targeting
The most important of all our Facebook marketing tips is to segment your targeting. The more specified your targeting is, the more detailed and accurate information you’ll receive.
With some quick modifications we got the audience down considerably – from over 8 million to 248 thousand – but for niche products you should probably be even more specific.
But the key is to make “relevant” people see and click through on your ad.
Successful Facebook ad optimization always takes a lot of testing
2. Optimize Your Ads – Tell the Right Story
Once you’ve tracked down your potential buyers you have to present an appealing, clickable story.
Think about it: How many ads and commercials are you bombarded with every day in magazines, newspapers, on TV and on the Web? How many of these do you think lead to a purchase?
This is the frame you have to work within:
You need to make the most out of the title, body text and image.
To become successful in Facebook marketing you need to test multiple types of ads with different content.
How to Optimize Your Facebook Ads
You can spend a lot of time changing, tweaking and testing your ads and often this is time well spent. Some basic guidelines that are good to follow.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Use an image that represents your product and draws attention.
- Tell the truth (in the end you don’t want just the click, you want the buy).
- Capitalize all letters or have all in lower case.
- Use too generic stock photos; a personal touch often works better.
- Have a “call to action” in the text.
- Have a question or speak to the visitors’ emotions if a clear “call to action” doesn’t work.
- Look at your competitors and try to stand out.
Once you have accumulated some data you will have a picture of what works and you can start optimizing your Facebook marketing strategy and refine your best ads.
Simply delete ads that are performing poorly and move the budget to the higher-converting ones.
3. Scheduling Your Campaigns
A well-known Facebook marketing fact is that your ads well show different results based on day of the week you are running them. The biggest difference is normally between weekdays and weekends.
Scheduling your ads as part of your Facebook marketing strategy will increase your performance.
4. Managing Your Budget Wisely
Facebook officially tells advertisers not to optimize their ads with the max bid to set the amount of clicks that you will buy per day. The official statement is that the max bid price should always be what you are really able to spend per click.
Instead you should optimize with the daily budget per campaign.
Of course Facebook wants you to spend as much money as possible per click, so this Facebook marketing strategy for optimization should be studied carefully beforeyou follow it blindly.
Bid Size Affect Click-Through Rate
If you have a low max bid, Facebook will choose to show your ads to these people, affecting your CTR negatively. This will then affect your quality score negatively and you might lose even more bids.
A good Facebook marketing tip is therefore to test different max bid sizes and monitor how this is affecting your CTR. In the end a low CTR might cause you to lose bids.
5. Use Conversion Tracking to See Results of Ads
We have enabled the conversion tracking solution offered from Google Analytics. This means you’re able to monitor exactly what ad generated what sale as part of your normal daily operation.
To Sum It Up
When you should show your ads during the day or what your max bid should be.
- The answer to that comes from testing and tweaking.
- What we can do, however, is provide you with a tool that makes your job a lot easier.
- With Qwaya you can test your ads with different content aimed towards different part of the population and you will instantly get an answer on how your ads preform.
- When you try different approaches, your work will eventually lead you to your best-preforming Facebook marketing.
Best Facebook Ads
Create Facebook Ads – Image, Title and Ad Text: What works on Facebook? What does a good ad image look like and how do you write copy that captures your audience? In this section we go through best practice when creating a Facebook ad.
Checklist to a Successful Facebook Campaign: If you want to make sure you have everything planned before launching your Facebook campaign, use this checklist. Print it out, make notes in it and bring it to the meeting if you want to present your work. When you can tick all boxes, you are ready to start advertising.
Guide to Facebook Ads: What are the different advertising options when you run Facebook ads? In fact, there are quite a few of them. We take a deeper look at the ad types and try to explain the details of each one of them.
How the Buffer Facebook page performs
Here’s a look at the past 90 days of data on Buffer’s Facebook page.
- Average post reach – 652
- Average post clicks – 49
- Average post comments – 1.3
- Average post reshares – 1.6
- Average post likes – 4.5
Post to Facebook at non-peak times:
- Post more frequently to Facebook – six times per day
- Post less frequently to Facebook – once per day
- Ask questions in the updates
- Change the style of the update
- Post only link updates
- Post different types of images with the links
Which Facebook marketing tips work?
We tried seven of the best Facebook marketing tips we had for getting better results with our Facebook marketing. Here’s how they went.
- Post at non-peak times –evenings work great
- Post 6x per day – no change
- Post 1x per day – no change
- Post questions – drop in engagement
- Change the style of the update – slight increase
- Post only link updates – big increase
- Post different images as links – original graphics do better than stock photos
- Share link posts
- Share in the evenings
- Create a main image/graphic for your post
Of course, our results could be different from yours. So many factors—industry, audience, relationship, engagement—will impact the final outcome, so if you want to find the perfect Facebook marketing strategy for you and your page, it’s best to test.