Home » Blog » Canada » Canada Study Visa for Indian

Canada Study Visa for Indian


A visa is an entry clearance which gives permission to the student to enter the Country to Study. Each year thousands of international students attain a visa to study in the UK.

Global Opportunities helps thousands of Indian students enter varied universities in the UK every year. We also provide full support to our students to apply for student visas.

UK Student VISA Rules:

The UK Universities are world renowned and its degree is globally acknowledged & accepted. The students gain skills, qualifications and experience which make them the finest amongst their generation.

Important Information for Indian Students:

  • International students at UK universities can work 20 hours a week during studies if going for a course at level 6 or above.
  • International students at UK universities can work full time (40 hours a week) during holiday periods if going for a course at level 6 or above.
  • After graduating you can work full-time in the UK if your job is in the relevant field & provides a salary of minimum 20,000 GBP
  • The UK’s leading employers expect to recruit significantly more graduates in 2014 and are offering 8.7% more entry-level vacancies than last year – the biggest annual rise in graduate recruitment for four years
  • This substantial increase in graduate vacancies for 2014 takes graduate recruitment to its highest level since 2007 and means that there will be more opportunities for this summer’s university-leavers than at any time since the start of the recession.
  • Graduate starting salaries for 2014 at the UK’s leading graduate employers are expected to remain unchanged for an unprecedented fifth year – at a median of £29,000
  • Students will have four months to find a job after they graduate.
  • Graduate Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIER 1) – 1900 places under this scheme which gives an opportunity for Postgraduate students to extend their visa by 1 year.

Tier 4 Student Visa (PBS)

Tier 4 (General) Student visa is for the student coming to the United Kingdom for their higher education & this category falls under the POINT BASED SYSTEM. Students need to obtain 30 points for CAS & 10 points for Funds Maintenance to obtain a study visa. 

Assistance for Tier 4 applicants

  • From April 2012, any institution wanting to sponsor students will need to be classified as a Highly Trusted Sponsor
  • Students coming to study at degree level will need to speak English at an ‘upper intermediate’ (B2) (5.5 IELTS) level, and students entering the UK for pathway/college or pre-dress courses will need a ‘lower intermediate’ (B1) ((4.0 IELTS) level.
  • Pre payment of Tuition Fee as per the university requirement to be shown in CAS.
  • Students at universities and publicly funded further education colleges have work rights while they study.
  • Only postgraduate students at universities are allowed to take their dependants.
  • The UKBA will limit the overall time that can be spent on a student visa to 3 years at lower study levels below QCF_NQF level 6 and 5 years at QCF _NQF level 6 and above.

Changes in UK Visa policies concerning work (PSW-TIER 2)

  • From April 2012 Post-Study Work visa had been closed. All students who will or have completed their course after April 2012 will not be granted an extension of 2 years visa called as Post Study Work.
  • The new system allows graduates to stay in the UK and work as long as they get a job offer from a sponsoring employer with a minimum annual salary of 20,000 GBP.
  • The student will have four months after graduation to find a job.
  • Those graduating from a UK university with a recognised degree, PGCE, or PGDE will be able to switch into Tier 2 (Tier 2 of the points-based system will be able to stay to work).
  • There is no limit on the number of jobs granted under this category.
  • Students will only be able to switch from student visa (Tier 4) to work visa (Tier 2) while they are in the UK, before their student visa expires

Documents/Rules to apply Student VISA

  • 1) The Higher Education Institute that provides your education in the UK must be approved by UKBA as a licensed sponsor.
  • 2) Students must meet the full requirements of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total (having a valid CAS-Confirmation of acceptance for studies: 30 Points, Maintenance of funds: 10 Points)
  • 3) All students making a Tier 4 application will have to submit their biometrics details. An application can only be assessed once these are received.
  • 4) To claim 30 points for CAS & 10 points for Maintenance, a student must send the required documents listed in the CAS letter (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), supporting documents mentioned in guidance notes and authorised financial documents when they make their application.
  • 5) All the required funds must be in your account at least 28 days before applying for the visa.
  • 6)Documents must be issued by an authorised official on official headed paper.
  • 7) Where a document is not in English, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by Notary.

Leave a Reply