Following are benefits of automated testing:
- 70 faster than the manual testing
- Wider check insurance of software features
- Reliable in results
- Ensure Consistency
- Saves Time and Cost
- Improves accuracy
- Human Intervention isn’t always required while execution
- Increases Efficiency
- Better velocity in executing tests
- Re-usable take a look at scripts
- Test Frequently and thoroughly
- More cycle of execution can be achieved through automation
- Early time to market.
Different types of software testing that can be automated:
- Smoke Testing
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Functional Testing
- Keyword Testing
- Regression Testing
- Data Driven Testing
- Black Box Testing
How to Choose an Automation Tool?
Selecting the proper device can be a tricky task. Following criterion will help you select the great device to your requirement-
- Environment Support
- Ease of use
- Testing of Database
- Object identification
- Image Testing
- Error Recovery Testing
- Object Mapping
- Scripting Language Used
- Support for numerous kinds of test – along with functional, check management, mobile, etc…
- Support for multiple testing frameworks
- Easy to debug the automation software program scripts
- Ability to recognize items in any environment
- Extensive take a look at reports and results
- Minimize training value of selected equipment
Tool selection is one of largest demanding situations to be tackled before going for automation. First, Identify the requirements, explore numerous gear and its capabilities, set the expectation from the device and go for a Proof Of Concept.
Framework for Automation
A framework is about of automation recommendations which help in
- Maintaining consistency of Testing
- Improves test structuring
- Minimum utilization of code
- Less Maintenance of code
- Improve re-usability
- Non Technical testers can be involved in code
- The schooling period of the usage of the device can be reduced
- Involves Data anywhere appropriate
There are four types of frameworks used in automation software testing:
- Data Driven Automation Framework
- Keyword Driven Automation Framework
- Modular Automation Framework
- Hybrid Automation Framework
Automation Tool Best Practices
- To get most ROI of automation, take a look at the following
The scope of Automation desires to be determined in element before the start of the project.
- This sets expectancies from Automation proper.
- Select the proper automation tool: A device must no longer be selected based totally on its popularity, however it’s suit to the automation requirements.
- Choose the perfect framework
Scripting Standards- Standards have to be followed even as writing the scripts for Automation. Some of them are-
- Create uniform scripts, comments, and indentation of the code
- Adequate Exception handling – How blunders is treated on gadget failure or unexpected behavior of the application.
- User-defined messages must be coded or standardized for Error Logging for testers to understand.
Measure metrics- Success of automation can not be decided via comparing the guide attempt with the automation effort however by also capturing the subsequent metrics.
- Percent of defects found
- The time required for automation trying out for each and each release cycle
- Minimal Time is taken for launch
- Customer Satisfaction Index
- Productivity improvement
The above suggestions if found can greatly assist in making your automation successful.