Home Remedies for Anaemia
1. Apple : Stick to the citation of “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away”. Apple is rich in iron and various other supplements. However, not one but 2-3 apples in a day can fulfil a person’s need of iron for a day.
2. Epsom Salt : Take a bath with warm water mixed with Epsom salt. You can also soak your feet, if you wish so.
3. Honey : Honey is an excellent natural remedy for anaemia. Make a concoction of a tablespoon of honey, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. Eat this daily to cure anaemia. Honey increases haemoglobin in the blood and is rich in iron, manganese, and copper.
4. Black Currant : Soak 8-10 black currants for overnight in water and for 3-4 weeks maintain a regime of having this as the first thing in the morning. Don’t forget to remove the seeds of black currant before eating it.
5. Beetroot : Beetroot is one of the iron rich vegetables on the earth. You can either eat it as a salad or can extract its juice. Beetroot juice can be mixed with spinach juice, apple juice, or carrot juice.
6. Iron Pots : Cook your food in iron vessels and pots on a daily basis as it can combat the problem of iron deficiency by increasing the iron in your food.
7. Yellow Dock Root : ½ to 1 teaspoon of the tincture of Yellow dock root, thrice every day, can help you cure the problem of anaemia.
8. Dandelion and Burdock Root : Both these herbs are often mixed to form a great antidote to treat anaemia. These herbs increase the body’s ability to absorb iron from the food that is consumed.
9. Massage : Getting a whole body massage with oils, like mustard, olive or coconut can help in increasing the blood circulation of the body.
11. Figs : Figs are also a great source of iron. 3-4 figs daily can enrich your body with iron. Figs can also be consumed after soaking in water during the night and consuming early in the morning, daily.
12. Tomato Juice : Imbibe the juice of tomato mixed with apple juice, daily, to alleviate anaemia.
13. Banana : Consume a ripe banana with two tablespoons honey, every day. It is a natural remedy for overcoming anaemia.
14. Sun Bath : Sunbathing is good for those people, who have less red blood cell count.
15. Almonds : Soak about 6-7 almonds in water for a night and eat it the next morning, after peeling its skin.
16. Amla : Mix 60ml of fresh amla juice with 25ml of honey and drink it every morning to alleviate anaemia.
17. Milk : Add about 5-7 black pepper balls in 200ml of milk and boil it well in an iron vessel. This milk is good for the deficiency of iron and haemoglobin in the body.
18. Spinach : Spinach, as a vegetable, is an excellent remedy to overcome anaemia. It also works great when its juice is mixed with honey.
19. Dates, Prunes and Raisins : Dates, prunes and raisins are also good sources of iron and improve red blood cells in the body. These should be soaked overnight and taken with milk in the morning.
20. Animal Protein : Animal protein and organic meats, such as kidney and liver are rich in vitamin B12 and iron, which are effective in the production of haemoglobin.
21. Blackstrap Molasses : Blackstrap molasses is the powerhouse of iron and hence, is an effective and excellent remedy to be imbibed for curing anaemia.