Forums Forums Community Discussion Import profiles in Candidates Modules

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tamilamuthan15 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

vedant
    Participant

I have been trying very hard to import profiles in Candidate module (by automation). Here’s the deal : I am client to GupShup Inc where I get data about people(their contact number,time and date,location, telecom operator) who give me a Miss Call on a number given in Advertisements. Now All I want to do is import that data from GupShup account to my CandidATS under Candidates module.

I created a php page under modules/candidates and here is the code that GupShup provided me with :

<?php

$url = $_SERVER[‘QUERY_STRING’];
    $msisdn = $_GET[‘msisdn’];
    $extension = $_GET[‘extension’];
    $causeId = $_GET[’causeId’];
    $hasUserHungUp = $_GET[‘hasUserHungUp’];
    $dateTime = $_GET[‘time’];

$HOST = “127.0.0.1”;
    $USER = “test”;
    $PASS = “test”;
    $DB = “TechSupp”;

$TechSupp = mysql_connect($HOST, $USER, $PASS) or die(“Could not connect to server … \n” . mysql_error());

$selected = mysql_select_db($DB, $TechSupp);
    if (!$selected) {
    throw new Exception(“Something went wrong !!!”);
    }

echo “insert into missedCallResponses(msisdn,extension,causeId,hasUserHungUp,time) values(‘$msisdn’,’$extension’,’$causeId’,’$hasUserHungUp’,’$dateTime’)”;

$searchQuery = “insert into missedCallResponses(msisdn,extension,causeId,hasUserHungUp,dateTime) values(‘$msisdn’,’$extension’,’$causeId’,’$hasUserHungUp’,’$dateTime’)”;

$result = mysql_query($searchQuery, $TechSupp);

?>

And I also filled in the perfect attributes in that code but looks like it isn’t working even now. Any idea what should I proceed with now ? (And also using cURL is not an option and neither is Web Scrapping)

vedant
    Participant

Also the table name to which Candidate Module will store data in MyPHP Admin is ‘Candidate’, I have confirmed this on my server that runs on a Linux OS Platform

tamilamuthan15
    Keymaster

Vedant,

Steps:
    !) Create a page in CandidATS for inserting record – this you already completed
    2) Create a external page with CURL to access the page
    3) Setup CRON for that external page

with regards,
    R. Tamil Amuthan
    Auieo Software Private Limited

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.