Forums Forums Community Discussion Bulk import of candidate data

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ccheah 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

ccheah
    Participant

Dear Sir,

Firstly, I am new to this application, but what I have seen, it is very impressive.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I looked over all the topics and couldn’t find anything similar. Closes was this:

https://auieo.com/candidats/forums/topic/importing-candidates/

To cut a long story short, we would like to use this system. We will be migrating from a totally paper-based system. Well, not really paper-based, but we have thousands of resumes stored as Word documents (ie soft copies). Rather than add each candidate one-by-one (through the Add Candidate link in the Candidates tab), is there a way we can pump directly into the database?

What my tech-savvy friends say is that they can write a Python script to get all the relevant data from the Word documents (converted to plain text), and then pump into the database. But to do that, they need to understand how to create records in the database. Is there an API?

Thanks!
    p

ccheah
    Participant

Hi,

Did some more digging, and finally found the documentation for this most excellent software. Then, I found this:

Importing Candidates

CandidATS supports importing Candidates from .csv files. It saves lots of time and efforts to import thousands of records instantly.

Steps to import Candidates

In Settings tab, click on Administration link
    In the Administration screen, click the Data Import link
    Click Candidate radio button and click Next
    Choose the CSV file and click Next
    The import screen will have 3 sections
    Warning! – Shows the precausion needed while importing
    Import Data – shows the import file format and the module name
    Map Data – you can take decision while importing contacts
    The list of fields from CSV and corresponding Candidate module fields mapped each other. You have the option of changing the fields. You can choose not to import any specific field. And you have the option of creating a specific field as extra field
    Click Next – Import Data Button

The link is at:

Candidates

Sorry for taking up bandwidth 🙁
    p

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.