Contact is a individual or person representing a company. Contacts represent the people, conducting business with you.
Creating a Contact
The Contact details can be entered in the Contacts Module.
Steps to create Contact records manually
- In Contacts tab, click on Add Contact link
- In the Create view, fill in the Contact details
- Click Add Contact Button
CandidATS supports importing Contacts from .csv files. It saves lots of time and efforts to import thousands of records instantly. This contacts has to be imported after all the companies are imported. The contact module needs the company name in the CSV file to map the contact with company. The company name is mandatory.
Steps to import contacts
- In Settings tab, click on Administration link
- In the Administration screen, click the Data Import link
- Click Contact radio button and click Next
- Choose the CSV file and click Next
- The import screen will have 3 sections
- Warning! – Shows the precausion needed while importing
- Import Data – shows the import file format and the module name
- Map Data – you can take decision while importing contacts
- If the company name in the csv file, not exist in CandidATS, you can choose the option to create the company automatically or decide to create the contact only without company
- The list of fields from CSV and corresponding contact module fields mapped each other. You have the option of changing the fields. You can choose not to import any specific field. And you have the option of creating a specific field as extra field
- Click Next – Import Data Button